Thursday 27 January 2011

Focus Week 3 - University Lectures



This week there were some lectures at my university, there were two that I attended. The first lecture was Christian Spencer Davies, the Director of AModels. Architectural Model Making is there professional field. His main target is to make beautiful models and is committed to finding the correct material for his work and that being creative throughout a design was key. What interested me is that he showed a presentation on how they represent vegetation, I was particularly inspired by this seeing as this related to my course.




All images courtesy of amodels.com

The other lecture was hosted by STUDIO WEAVE. What kept me engaged was there main project, a small cabin installation that they designed in Kielder Water, Northumberland. They incorporated there work in a form of two fictional characters, Freya and Robin (Both who lived by a lake as I could remember). This fiction explains there design immensely. The immenent base of characters enforcing a creation of such intelligence is controversial, as I couldn't believe it!




Images courtesy of Studioweave.com

No comments: