Wednesday 2 March 2011

Focus Week 4 - EcoBuild! Day 2

As I arrived on the second day of the event I noticed that there wans't many seminars on the Landscape topic. Although I managed to find a few though my day.





While walking around I found an event on climate chanfe while focusing on "Green Belts - a Greener Future". The main purpose was concentrating again of the effects of carbon dioxide, focusing on the subject of cities to consume less energy and to mitigate the effects of climate control and holds an indepth study of different strategies to correspond with carbon dioxide.

After walking around for about two hours, I noticed that there were many exhibitions on solar energy - therefore this would be a good buiness to be involved in as it is a new and upcoming focus on a greener lifestyle. Solar panel is used as a component of a larger photovoltaic system to generate electricity supply in residential ot corporate properties.

I then went on to the seminar on "Lighting, Colour and Behaviour", I was keen to attend this one as I had tried to place lighting in passed projects but always didnt come off as a great concept, so I was engaged into the topic beforehand. Even though it's main focus was on the interior of buildings I had learn't that many ways to interpret lighting in projects, but purposed to reduce the amound of energy used and also to reduce electricity bills. So not was I was looking for!

I ended the day with back to back sessions about "Green roofs" and "walls that grow"
These two topics were the closest to landscape I had been to all day, It reflected on architecture once again, it's sole purpose is focused on waterproofing a building and contributing towards biodiversity. Green roofs are represented to ruduce urban temperatures and to gain a Surface water credit known as SUR1. Even though I did'nt learn much on this day it gave me an insight on architecture, not only that how I can incorporates Green walls and buildings in future projects to reduce temperatures.

No comments: